Produced by Ken Rattenne
KPR Media Services is proud to offer the first in a series of high quality photo discs featuring the work of the late James C Wren. The West Side Lumber Company Photo Collection covers a wide variety of subjects related to this legendary narrow gauge logging railroad.
About The Photographer
West Side no. 8 near Camp 8 on July 31, 1958. (click photo to enlarge) Contact Ken Rattenne
by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
About The West Side Lumber DVD Collection
Here's what you get:
- 116 high res images: 102 in color, 14 in B&W.
- A brief bio of phographer Wren in HTML file
- Low resolution versions of the collection with the KPRMS copyright bug for sharing on the Internet
- An HTML album for browsing the collection.
All color photos in the Wren Collection were scanned from original 35 mm slides using a Nikon Coolscan V film scanner at 500 dpi; B&W material was scanned with an Hewlett Packard G4000 flatbed scanner between 200 and 400 dpi.
About James Wren
During the 1950s and 1960s James C Wren worked for the Sonoma County, California Sheriff's Department as a forensic photographer in the crime lab. In his spare time he was an ardent railfan who was driven to document the last vestiges of steam in the western U.S. with a partiuclar focus on logging and shortline railroads in Northern California.
The Westside Lumber Company, Pickering Lumber, and the Sierra Railroad were among the subjects of Jim's camera over the years until his death in 1968.
To order you may use the PayPal button below (choose the appropriate dropdown menu item) or you may send a check or money order to
- DVDs are $25/ea
- Shipping within the Continental US is $3.50,
- Canadian & New Zealand shipping is $12 for 1st Class US Mail. If you wish to use a different method of shipping, please email me. No other International sales will be made.
- If you purchase a 2nd DVD in a single order - shipping is free for the 2nd DVD.
- Update Disc Previous customers who purchased the 107 image version of the collection qualify for an "update" disc at a reduced rate of $10/disc. Update price includes shipping and handling. Use the Update Disc drop down selection.
4000 Fara Biundo Dr #63
Modesto CA 95355
email is email@example.com